Cargocare Limited respects and is committed to protecting your right to privacy and to full compliance with GDPR regulations.
Personal data collected, stored and processed by Cargocare is mainly contact and location information which you, your supplier or customer provide to us for the purpose of supplying a service to which you are party or to respond to an enquiry you make.
Personal Data is information which could identify you and may include –
Your name / Company name / Company Position / Contact phone number / Email address / Collection Address / Delivery Address and other information, personal or otherwise, relevant to your or your company’s requirements with regard to a service enquiry or service being supplied.
We will not collect, store or process any personal data other than is required to respond, offer, provide and oversee services to which you and Cargocare are party.
We will not collect, store or process sensitive data / information such as Credit or Debit card numbers, Genetic or Biometric data, or data concerning health, religion or ethnic origin.
HOW / WHY WE PROCESS YOUR DATA:
Cargocare processes data held only when it is required to respond to an enquiry you make or in the provision of a service to which you are party, including steps prior to the service such as supplying service information, quotations / offerings and also post service follow up and accounting purposes.
The data may be shared with our service partners where it is required for specific operational purposes. It will not be shared with any other party or for any other reason.
Cargocare does not use data for any other purpose and is not engaged in analysis or profiling of personal data. Data is not used in or subjected to automated decision making.
WHERE AND HOW WE KEEP DATA:
Data held and processed by Cargocare staff in the UK and Ireland is stored on secure servers located in at the company’s Dublin base. Offsite backups are stored, but not accessed, by our IT support provider.
Paper based information in the form collection / delivery / handling documentation can also contain contact and location data where required for the provision of the services to which you are party.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA:
Our policy is to retain Personal Data provided to us for as long as it may be required to clarify or resolved any connected issues, for as long as we feel it is potentially useful in contacting you, or as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
When no longer required we securely delete the information from our servers and destroy paper based records by secure shredding.
We will carry out these procedures at an earlier date if you so request unless we are legally prohibited from doing so.
RIGHTS YOU HAVE REGARDING YOUR DATA:
You have the following rights in respect of any personal data we hold.
The right to:
- Request confirmation of what personal data we hold for you
- Request that we correct any errors, omissions, or outdated data
- Request that we no longer use the information to contact you
- Request removal from any contact / mailing list we have the data on
- Request that we restrict our use of your data
- Request that your data be deleted altogether from our records
- Request that we transfer your data to another organisation
- It is our intention that we will resolve any issue you may have with regard to data privacy but in the event that we do not achieve this to your satisfaction in a reasonable time you have the right to refer the matter to –
Ireland – Office of the Data Protection Commissioner – www.dataprotection.ie
United Kingdom – The Information Commissioner’s Office – www.ICO.org.uk
HOW / WHO TO CONTACT AT CARGOCARE RE DATA MATTERS:
For all matters concerning your data or to exercise any of your rights please contact us at email@example.com letting us know how we can assist. We will respond promptly and advise you of the action taken as a result of your request.
Alternatively you may write to us at:
Data Protection, Cargocare Limited, Airways Industrial Estate, Cloghran, Dublin D17 NN62
United Kingdom –
Data Protection, Cargocare Limited, The Wolseley Building, Childerditch Lane, West Horndon, Essex CM13 3ED
CARGOCARE WEBSITE –
Visitors are advised that each time they visit a Website, two general levels of information about their visit can be retained.
The first level comprises statistical and analytical data / information collected on an aggregate and non-individual specific basis of all browsers who visit the site.
The statistical and analytical information provides general and not individually specific information about the number of people who visit this Website; the number of people who return to this site; the pages that they visit; where they gained access to this site from and the page in the site at which they exited. This information helps us monitor traffic on our Website so that we can manage the site’s capacity and efficiency. It also helps us to understand which parts of this site are most popular and generally to assess user behaviour and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site.
The second level is data / information which may be personal or particular to a specific visitor who knowingly chooses to provide that information.
Website – personal data / information supplied by visitors through website
Through this Website you may take an opportunity to send us personal data / information, such as through the “Contact Us” or “Request Quote” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, provide feedback, etc.
By choosing to participate in these you will be providing us with some level of personal information relating to you.
This information will only be used by this for:
- The purposes for which it was provided by you;
- Verification purposes and statistical analysis.
Website collection and use of non-personal data / information
Non-personal information: data collected for statistical purposes which is not associated with a specific identity.
This site collects and analyses technical information in order to evaluate our Website. The type of technical information we log is confined to the following:
- The IP address* of the visitor’s Web server
- The top-level domain-name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- The pages visited on the this site Website, i.e. URL’s** visited
- The previous Website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Clickstream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this Website (for example, pages accessed)
* An IP address is an identifier for a computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, such as the World Wide Web. Networks use the TCP/IP protocol to route information based on the IP address of the destination. In other words, an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web, allowing Web servers to locate and identify your computer. Computers require IP addresses in order for users to communicate on the Internet, browse and shop.
** A URL (Uniform Resource Locator) is the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.
INFORMATION WHICH MAY BE USEFUL –
The full EU GDPR document is available here – www.gdpr-info.eu
The GDPR document definitions page is here – www.gdpr-info.eu/art-4-gdpr