We adopt a responsible and professional approach to environmental and sustainability issues, managing our activities with a view to minimising our impact upon the environment.
Our policy is to:
- Meet and where possible exceed the requirements of National and European environmental legislation and codes.
- Minimise, reuse or recycle wherever possible.
- Ensure environmentally acceptable disposal where recycling/re-use are not possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our facilities and vehicles.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues.
- Embrace and support mechanisms available to reduce carbon and other vehicle emissions.
- Co-operate with and assist the appointed officers of Regulatory Authorities in the exercise of their duties
As a family company already operated by a second generation we view business in the long term.
Our ethos is to operate in a sustainable way – both environmentally and commercially – and in practice these two aspects marry well.
As you would expect, we recycle all of our packaging. We are privileged to work with Rehab to assist in this process. We also re-use pallets extensively and make sure they are maintained well for longevity.
While we have not as yet achieved the paperless office we do minimise print and use digital billing where this is acceptable to clients. We shred and recycle printed matter once it is no longer required
We operate the fleet in a highly cost-effective manner, optimising routes with route planning software to minimise both fuel consumption and emissions. All vehicles on the distribution fleet have Euro 6 Engines, meeting the latest EU environmental standards for engines.
We are still at work on our environmental credentials and we believe this is and will be an ongoing process. We are committed to driving this aspect of the business forward.